Hi to all my Kindred Spirits and welcome to my blog! Kindred Spirits is a place for the conscious consumer, the organic lover, the maker, the planet saver, the giver, earth lover, free spirit and for the individual who wants to see social change. Join our village
and say hi!
In this blog I will share all the things I am crazy about, which is heaps, but mostly all things recycled, all things global and all things handmade…
…that’s how Kindred Spirits came about, to put it simply.
My finds are unique and made by artisans from far away villages, communities and some right here on our Aussie shores. To be fair and respectful to our artisans and designers, we insist our products are fairtrade certified. The fairtrade standard, empowers producers to lead sustainable livelihoods and reduce poverty. It allows families to eat, provides shelter and good working conditions and enables kids to go to school. Not only are my products fairtrade, they are cleverly crafted using a variety of recycled materials, otherwise heading to landfill.
Kindred Spirits products prevent waste, by reusing the materials in a unique way. The designers are super talented and compliment our planet by reducing air (incineration) and water (landfilling) pollutions. Would you rather see an old skateboard going to landfill or perhaps you prefer to release the organic, goddess within and wear one on your wrist! It’s an easy way to make a big impact. Be proud to wear products with a purpose- -beats mass production any day!
Our handmade community is alive and well and just swarming with talented designers. It takes me back to my handmade pinafores I wore as a little girl, very unique, one off and personal. Multi nationals are popping up all over our cities creating more of what we don’t need– mass produced…stuff. Handmade is slowly infiltrating the market and I am just going crazy for it!
- I married a man who pulls up at garage sales and picks up my new found treasures from hard rubbish collection. I am in love with him.
- We got really clever and made 3 babies, we dream of one more
- If I could invite 3 people to a dinner party (yeah that old question) they would be: The Dalai Lama, Maria Montessori and Bethenny Frankel
- I used to meditate with a monk. That actually sounds cool, it WAS cool
- I am cool
- I love animals
- I love raw eating, juicing and I think meat is just bleh
- Super foods make me feel super
- Buddhism is bliss
- I have a yearning to move to the country for a free range life
- We once packed our life belongings in our kombi van and drove across the Nullarbor
- Sometimes I wish we could still fit our life belongings in that kombi van
- I love quotes
- I really like sarcasm
- I think my kids are funny
- We have moved… ALOT
- I try not to swear, but I just can’t stop. I’m actually going to stop trying to stop.
- I like granny stuff
- I once lived in the desert with aboriginal people. No, I did that twice
- I used to be a teacher
- I love looking at DIY projects but the instructions are like reading road maps
- I like imperfections
- I don’t like to judge people but I can’t help it when I watch reality tv
Lastly, I enjoy learning from people and being surrounded by interesting colourful characters. I look forward to meeting more kindred spirits along the way. But mostly, I am excited you have stopped by and hope you continue to pop in from time to time.